- 2015: Displays in our world are but a canvas to our imagination, University of Bristol
- 2015: Public-displays to the left of me,
head-mounted displays to the right,
here I am, stuck with the mobile phone that is you!, University of Helsinki/Aalto University
- 2015: Keynote, Constructing Reality: Digital-Physical Scaffolding - Winter Augmented Reality Meeting 2015
- 2014: Independent living now and in 2070 - Information and communications technology and ageing”, St Andrews
- 2014: Next Generation Interaction and SACHI, ITU Copenhagen
- 2014: Horizon scanning – what the future holds, Interface event, Leven UK
- 2014: HCI and Smart Tourism, Scottish Tourism Alliance Signature Conference, Edinburgh UK
- 2013: Horizon scanning – what the future holds, Interface event, Strathpeffer UK
- 2012: Ubiquitous User Interfaces: Eyes, Gaze and Displays, University of Konstanz, Germany
- 2012: Eyes, Gaze, Displays and User Interface Personalization, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 2012: Bridging the Digital Physical Divide, Digital Skills Academy, Dublin, Ireland
- 2012: Digitally Augmented Humanity, Digital Skills Academy, Dublin, Ireland
- 2011: Challenges in Social Network Visualisation, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2011: Dynamic Information Visualisation, Heriot Watt University, Scotland
- 2011: Information Visualisation of Social-* data, University of Birmingham, England
- 2011: Information Visualisation and Social Networks, Robert Gordon University, Scotland
- 2011: HCI and Bridging the Digital Physical Divide Seminar, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- 2010: Bridging the Digital Physical Divide Seminar, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- 2010: Keynote at First International Workshop on Programming Methods for Mobile and Pervasive Systems Helsinki Finland, "IDEs for Pervasive Computing"
- 2010: Art Forum Seminar, "UbiComp User Interfaces and the Human Interface Technology Laboratory Australia"
- 2010: Life Science Seminar, "UbiComp User Interfaces and the Human Interface Technology Laboratory Australia"
- 2010: Menzies Research Institute, "BRAID: Bridging Research in Ageing and ICT Development"
- 2009: Keynote talk at ruSMART 2009 St.Petersburg, Russia "Ubiquitous computing User Interfaces (UUI)"
- 2009: Trinity Long Room Hub "Using Information Visualisation as an Analytical Tool"
- 2009: DHO Invited Talk "Visualisation ... 7 Key Challenges we face"
- 2009: DHO Summer School 2009 (in conjunction with NINES and 18th Connect)
- 2008: Microsoft Techtalk "Social Network Visualisation"
- 2007: EMBO Practical Course "Tissue Microarray Construction and Image Analysis"
- 2007: IBM Dublin, postgraduate research study options
- 2006: ODCSSS research talks
- 2005: IBM Dublin, panelist at Extreme Blue Expo for Next Generation User Interfaces panel and RFID panel.
- 2005: IBM Dublin, review presentation for CAS visiting scientists
- 2004: Smart Internet CRC Annual Conference: Project Nightingale. "Homes & Communities".
- 2004: National ICT Australia (review): Project Nightingale - Networks and Pervasive Computing Program.
- 2004: Port Hacking Probus Club: Project Nightingale (out reach)
- 2004: Holroyd Computer Club - "No keyboard, no mouse, no screen - so where's the computer?" (out reach)
- 2003: Topics in Information Visualization (JITT Project Visualization), SIT Research Group, Uni of Sydney March 19
- 2003: Pervasive Computing, Practice and Experience in Australia & New Zealand, VIP & SIT Research Groups, Uni of Sydney Jan 15
- 2002: Research Background, Web Engineering, Smart Internet Technology Research Group, Uni of Sydney Sep 4
- 2002: Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar - Aesthetic Computing, Germany July 14-19
- 2002: Large Scale Relational Information Visualization, Software Systems Engineering Research Group at the Brandenburgische Technische Universitat Cottbus, Germany July 12th
- 2002: MIT, USA - Information Visualization Lecture: Large Scale Relational Information Display, March 8th
- 2002: AT&T Labs, USA - Large Scale Information Exploration, Navigation and Clustering of Large Graphs, March 4th
- 2002: University of Victoria, Canada Colloquium - "Large Scale Relational Information Visualization, Clustering, and Abstraction", Jan 11.
- 2001: MERL, USA Information Visualization - "A history of Graph Drawing and Large Scale Layout and Drawing", Nov 10.
- 2001: Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar - Software Visualization, Germany May 20-25
- 2000: The University of Newcastle, Australia - Layout, Clustering and Abstraction, Dec 10
- 2000: The University of Queensland, Australia - FADE, an algorithm for the fast layout, geometric clustering and multilevel viewing of very large graphs, Jun 15
- 2000: NUI Maynooth, Ireland - Information Visualization and optimization of graph drawing, Jun 1
- 1999: University of Limerick, Ireland - Information Visualization, Spring Algorithms and Display